Do you get energy from helping others and working with people? If so, leasing and community management could be the residential property management (RPM) career field for you.
Working as part of a close-knit team, you’ll help build and nurture friendly, welcoming communities. RPM companies reward talent and hard work, so over time you can move up to regional community manager and oversee a real estate portfolio!
- Apply sales skills to recruit residents and match them with the right housing for their needs and budget.
- Use skills in communication and problem-solving to make life better for people living in the community.
- Positions are hourly with overtime opportunities.
Experience in retail, hospitality, or other jobs that involve customer service can be helpful.
To learn more, view our Leasing Consultant Brochure. This brochure describes compensation, benefits, and other advantages of the leasing consultant career path.
Community Manager or Assistant Community Manager
- Help residents, and interact with employees and suppliers to keep the community running smoothly.
- Lead teams of employees as an organizer, motivator, mentor, and coach.
- Manage budgets, assist with leasing and marketing, and oversee workplace safety.
- Positions are typically salaries and ranged based on the number of units you oversee.
- Additional earning opportunities include monthly and/or quarterly bonuses and commissions.
Experience in bookkeeping, accounting, data administration, or customer service can be helpful.
To learn more, view our Community Manager Brochure or our Assistant Community Manager Brochure. These brochures describe compensation, benefits, and other advantages of the community manager career path and the assistant community manager career path.
For all positions, some employers offer rent reductions of 20% or more and many employers take it out of your check for you.